Type in the keyword Contact Form 7 plugin, and you’ll find plenty of results showing up in your browser. Let me explain a bit; for years we’ve been using Contact Form 7, without even thinking about other solutions. But can we say that it is the be-all and end-all of contact forms for WordPress?
I think NO! TBH, almost every theme I build I end up providing my clients with some basic styling for their use of Contact Form 7 plugin. Well, this is an easy fix for a developer. However, at a certain point of time, you’ll get frustrated of doing things again and again merely because you need to add an extra crisp for your clients.
I was facing the same issue and knowing that I can solve it was even more frustrating. Best products are built when you solve a problem. And that’s what I did. I have built a plugin which you can use to customize your contact form 7 forms, regardless of the theme you are using.
So, let me introduce you to the WordPress Form Customizer plugin which I built to avoid repeating the styling process of contact forms.
WordPress Form Customizer | CF7 Customizer
CF7 Customizer is an intuitive plugin to design your contact forms via WordPress live customizer, right at the front-end. Cherry on the top, it will be free forever.
It is a simple to use and nice plugin for you to customize the look and feel of Contact Form 7 plugin based forms. The plugin is compatible with every WordPress theme which means awesome style, increased productivity and of course great peace of mind.
Here’s a quick introductory video for your guidance:
CF7 Customizer Features
Let’s now explore some of the features which the CF7 Customizer plugin offers.
- Form Text & BG Colors: The plugin allows you to customize form’s text and background color. You can also add a background image or change the font-size.
- Input Field Styling: Style the input fields of a form by adding width, colors, border, padding, and margins.
- Form Padding, Margin & Border: You can add padding, margin or even border to your form and also customize the border color.
- Button Styling: Customize the form button with colors, border, even change the hover state colors.
Now let’s get started with plugin functionality and setup.
- Install & Activate Contact Form 7 and CF7 Customizer plugin.
- Add a New Form and hit the Save button.
- Copy the shortcode of the form you just created and paste it inside your Contact Page.
- Now open your contact page (at the front-end) and open the Customizer from the top admin bar.
- Here, you’ll find the CF7 Customizer panel. Click it and customize your contact forms right away.
Here are a few screenshots of CF7 Customizer for WordPress.
CF7 Customizer plugin caters the needs of both a developer and a beginner. It is lightweight and saves a lot of your time. Now it’s your turn to give this plugin a spin. Let me know about your feedback. How? You can post comments below, or you can reach out to me through our Twitter (@TheWPCouple) account.
SUBSCRIBE TO WORDPRESS TAKEAWAY!
A Premium Bi-Monthly Newsletter by WPCouple! What is WPTakeaway?